There is ongoing work to abolish Columbus Day and recognize Indigenous Peoples Day. You can learn more and get involved here. If you want to work on Indigenous Peoples Day in your town or city, be sure to connect with the larger campaign first.
- For people with Italian ancestry: local Indigenous leaders are asking that you get involved through the group Italian Americans for Indigenous Peoples Day and help counter the harmful messages of some Italian Americans, such as described in this post from Mahtowin Munro, of United American Indians of New England (UAINE).
- There is a call for more people to show up in person to #StopLine3, including a request for people who can risk arrest to stop construction. If you’re interested in going to one of the camps, visit this website.
- Take action today by sending emails to the Minnesota government officials listed in this document. There are sample scripts included. (This document is from a recent event hosted by SURJ-Twin Cities.)
- Donate! Support the frontline resistance of Giniw Collective by clicking here. And click here to support an Indigenous organizer purchase land to continue the fight towards racial and environmental justice for Indigenous peoples.
- Follow and support Indigenous & allied orgs leading the movement. The Giniw Collective is on facebook, on twitter and instagram. On facebook you can also follow and share content from Honor the Earth, Red Lake Treaty Camp, Stop Line 3, and MN350.
Join us for a virtual production of William Branch’s A Medal for Willie, a powerful play which examines the intersection of segregation and racism in a small town during the Jim Crow era with eerily contemporary parallels. Log on at 7:45 to live music by Danny Rivera, and stay for an audience Q&A with a panel of the cast, directors, and members of Families Organizing for Racial Justice (FORJ).
The congregations of First Parish in Brookline and First Church in Jamaica Plain will come together, virtually, for shared worship, followed by a joint social hour. Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with our UU neighbors and further expand our beloved community. Rev. Elizabeth Bukey and Rev. Lisa preaching.
Please check back on Sunday morning for the Order of Service.
The service will broadcast on Facebook Live. You do not need a Facebook account.