In 2017, First Parish UU in Brookline is celebrating our 300th anniversary, and to celebrate, we are looking to commission a new work for our choir to be premiered on June 4, 2017. Entries will be accepted through November 1, 2016.
Deadline: November 1, 2016
There is no entry fee.
- Two recent scores (recordings optional but encouraged), at least one of which must be for chorus. These must be in PDF format.
- A written proposal outlining the piece.
- The proposed work must be for SATB chorus with an optional soprano or alto divisi.
- The proposed work may be a capella or accompanied by drums.
- The proposed work should be between three and six minutes long.
- The text chosen for the work. The text should be secular and it is encouraged – but not required – to draw the text from UU writings. If the text is not public domain, include written permission to use it. Original texts are also permitted.
- The text may be in any language.
- All applications MUST be anonymous.
- There are no restrictions according to age or residency.
- All submissions must be sent electronically to the email below. Paper submissions are not accepted.
The winning composer will be contacted by November 15, 2016. First Parish in Brookline reserves the right to not award a prize. The winning composer must provide a final performance score of the proposed work by February 15, 2017. First Parish will make 40 copies for the chorus.
Send all electronic submissions to: assist@firstparishinbrookline. with “Choir Commission Entry” in the subject header.