We encourage you to save this link and check it early in the week. Action opportunities will be posted on the website each Monday.
In these especially challenging times, it can be overwhelming to decide how to make a difference. The Racial Justice Action Committee wants to help FPB members increase our collective impact in the critical work of racial and immigration justice and, at the same time, build a supportive community.
1. LIFT THE BAN ON RENT CONTROL
2. Keep up the Push to Keep Families Connected and say no to Solitary Confinement
3. Safe Communities Act S.1401/ H.3573 An Act to Protect the Civil Rights and Safety of All Massachusetts Residents. (Includes limits on law enforcement asking about immigration status or notifying ICE and more)
Senate: Eldridge/ House: Miranda & Balser - FACT SHEET New deadline May 1st
4. End Wage Theft S.1066/H.1610 An Act to prevent wage theft, promote employer accountability, and enhance public enforcement.
Senate: Domenico/ House: Donahue FACT SHEET June
5. Support Muslim Justice League in Unmasking Fidelity
January 27th marked the 3 year anniversary of the initial Muslim Ban announcement. the following link shows correspondance with Fidelity requesting that they stop processing contributions to organizations advocating against LGBTQ, Muslim and other marginalized groups. One step you can take today is to demand that Fidelity stop enabling bigotry - sign the petition and learn more.
6. Brookline for Everyone Monthly Meeting
7. Support Student Immigrant Movement:
8. Knotty Conversations for Anti-Racist/Multicultural Ministries
Our UU New England Region is offering a series of free monthly online conversations for congregational leaders who are navigating the challenges of dismantling white supremacy in and with their congregation.
You can check them out and register by clicking the links below.
Calling Out, Calling In, Staying Together: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 7:00-8:30 pm
Dealing with Shame, Fragility and Denial: Thursday, March 12, 2020 7:00-8:30 pm
Following the Leadership of People of Color: Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:00-8:30 pm
Allies, Accomplices, Partners: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:00-8:30 pm